Chicken Biriyani | how to make chicken biriyani2013-02-04
- Yield: 1
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 30m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Ready In: 45m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
chicken biryani | how to make chicken biriyani
Delicious and flavorful chicken biriyani recipe
chicken biriyani/biryani is an authentic main course of Indian cuisine. Biriyani/Biryani is very famous in all over India. There are so many varieties of biriyanies like hyderabadi biryani,ambur biriyani,sindhi biriyani,malabar biryani etc… Every biriyani is having its unique flavor in it. This is a simple and easy to make chicken dum biriyani recipe. The perfect combination for this biriyani is with vegetable raita Hope you all will enjoy this chicken biriyani recipe.
I have already posted some delicious biryani recipes like
malabar chicken dum biryani
pressure cooker mutton biriyani
malabar fish biriyani
You can also check for rice recipes collection and 21 chicken recipes collection here.
How to make chicken biriyani
1/2 kg of Rice(Basmati,Jeerakashala,sona masoori etc…)
1/2 kg of Chicken
1/2 kg of Onion
1/2 kg of Tomato
3 tbsp. of Ginger garlic paste
3 tbsp. of Chilli powder
2 tbsp. of Coriander powder
1 spn. of Turmeric powder
2 spn. of Garam Masala
1/4 ltr of Curd
1/2 of Lemon
A handful of Coriander leaves
A handful of Mint leaves
- 1 S of chilli powder.
- 1 S of garam masala.
- 1 TS of ginger garlic paste.
- 5 TS of curd.
- 1 TS of vinegar
- 1 S of cornflour.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add chicken pieces to it and leave for 2 hour.
- Boil water, add 2 cinnamon, 2 bay leaf, 3 cardamom,salt, vinegar and rice.
- Cook the rice until 3/4 th is done, drain and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add chicken pieces.Cover lid of pan and fry in low flame(Need to fry around 15 minutes).Mean time you can prepare masala.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan.
- Add 4 TS of ginger garlic paste.Saute well till the raw smell goes off
- Add sliced onion.Add little salt and fry well.
- Add tomatoes.Saute for 2-3 minute.Add all the spices.Again Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add fried chicken pieces and mix well.Add required salt,lemon juice and curd,half of coriander leaves and mint leaves.Mix carefully.
- Cook until chicken is tender.
- Heat 1 s of ghee in a thick bottomed pan.
- Place alternate layers of chicken and rice
- Also put coriander leaves,mint leaves alternatively.
- Now sprinkle saffron, remaining garam masala powder and ghee in between the layers and on the top
- Carefully end it with the rice layer topped with coriander leaves and mint leaves
- Cover and seal it with an aluminum foil or maida paste(make a paste with maida and water)
- Cook it further on low flame for 7-10 minutes.