Colorful Paratha | Beetroot Paratha2013-05-11
- Yield: 8
- Servings: 3
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Ready In: 20m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
Colorful Paratha | Beetroot Paratha
Healthy and tasty paratha made with grated beetroot.
Colorful paratha or pink paratha is made with beets and wheat flour.In Kerala we does not add any thing in wheat dough while making paratha. But in north side they used to make paratha with potato,radish,spinach etc… Beetroot paratha is very healthy delicious. I think it is a very good way of getting veggies into kids 😉 . I am sure kids will not complain and eat this parathas as this is appealing too.
- Beetroot and carrots are excellent sources of anti-oxidants.
- Beetroot is very good for Alzheimer’s,depression, diabetes,heart disease etc…
- Carrots are rich in alkaline elements which purify and revitalize the blood.
- Beetroot contains betacyanin which gives it its characteristic deep red color. Betacyanin is a powerful antioxidant and cancer-fighting agent.
- Carrots are rich in Carotenoids which are beneficial to blood sugar regulation.
- Carrots are great for dental health as they kill harmful germs in the mouth and prevent tooth decay.
- Consuming Carrots regularly can improve the appearance of skin, hair, nails etc and also improve eyes health.
- Raw carrots are used as a home remedy for treating worms in children.
How to make Beetroot paratha
- 2 cup of wheat flour
- 3 TS of Grated beetroot
- 3 ts of Grated carrot
- 1/4 S of Cumin powder
- 4 no of Finely chopped Green chillies
- Salt as required
- 1 S of Butter/Ghee
Mix wheat flour, beetroot,carrot and green chillies in a bowl. Add cumin powder,salt and hot vegetable oil. Mix and kneed into dough.
Make dough balls. Roll out each ball into parathas.
Heat a tawa with ghee. Roast the parathas with ghee/butter.
Serve hot with raita,chutney etc…