Easy gooseberry pickle |Nellikka achar2013-10-01
- Yield: 1
- Servings: 10
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Ready In: 10m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
7 People rated this recipe
Easy gooseberry pickle | Amla Pickle | Nellikka Achar
Easy gooseberry pickle made with few ingredients
Gooseberry pickle is one of my favorite. It is one of the most healthiest vegetable perfect for making pickle. Because the nutrition of gooseberry will not loose after any processing. We will get the same health benefits when we eat the fresh gooseberry or the pickle,salted candy or in any forms. My mom taught me to make this who is an expert in making pickles 🙂 . I posted one version of gooseberry pickle before. Please check that version also. Gooseberry Pickle.This recipe is the easy traditional version and we are not using garlic,ginger etc… So no need to refrigerate this pickle. We can keep this pickle for many days. Hope you all will like this recipe.
You can also find the Health Benefits of Amla / Indian Gooseberry here.
Health Benefits of Gooseberry
- Gooseberry is high in vitamin C
- It enhances food absorption, balances stomach acid, fortifies the liver, nourishes the brain and mental functioning, supports the heart.
- Gooseberry helps the urinary system, good for the skin, promotes healthier hair, acts as a body coolant, flushes out toxins, increases vitality, strengthens the eyes
- Gooseberry improves muscle tone and it acts as an antioxidant
- Gooseberry contains many minerals and vitamins like Calcium, Phosphorus, Iron, Carotene and Vitamin B Complex.
- Gooseberry strengthens heart muscles. So heart pumps blood flawless throughout the body.
- Gooseberry is used in many hair tonics. It enriches hair growth and hair pigmentation. It strengthens roots of hair , maintains color and luster.
- Improving appetite: Consuming Gooseberry powder with butter and honey before meal improves appetite.
Other Pickle recipes
2.pomelo fruit pickle
4.Easy gooseberry pickle
5.Instant apple pickle
6.Bilimbi pickle | irumban pickle
Tender mango pickle
8.Dried bilimbi pickle
10.Gooseberry pickle | nellikka achar
How to make Easy Gooseberry Pickle
1 kg of gooseberry
3 tbsp of chilly powder
1/2 spn. of Fenugreek powder
2 tbsp. of sesame oil
1/2 spn. of asafoetida
Salt as required
2 tbsp. of Vinegar
Wash gooseberries and steam them for 5-10 mins until they are just soft enough to press them open.
Remove the seeds.Cut in to small pieces.
Heat oil in a pan.
Put the flame to low.Add chilly powder,fenugreek powder,asafoetida. Saute for a while.
Add gooseberries.Mix well.
Add salt and vinegar.Mix well and keep in flame for 5 minute.
Remove from fire and allow it to cool.Your gooseberry pickle is now ready to use.Store in glass bottles.
1.You can use any oil of your choice.But sesame oil is good for making pickles