Kerala Fish Curry in Coconut Milk2012-02-15
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Kerala Fish Curry in Coconut Milk
Fish curry with coconut milk is one of my favorite dish.We make fish curry in many ways like without adding coconut,with roasted coconut etc… Coconut milk gives a heavenly taste to the curry. This a spicy fish curry and goes well with Kappa or Appam.
- 1/2 Kg of Fish
- 2 large Onion/10 no of Shallots
- 2 tbsp. of Ginger Garlic paste
- 2 medium sized Tomatoes
- 2-3 Green chillies
- 2 springs of curry leaves
- 1 cup of Coconut milk (First Extract/Onaam pal)
- 1 cup of Coconut milk (Second Extract/Randam pal)
- 3 nos. of kudam puli (pot tamarind)
- 1 spn. of chilli powder
- 1/4 spn. of turmeric powder
- 1/6 spn. of coriander powder
- Salt for taste
- Oil to saute
Step 01Heat oil in a pan.
Step 02Add chopped onion,green chillies and curry leaves.fry well.
Step 03Add ginger garlic paste.
Step 04Add tomatoes and fry well.
Step 05When the tomatoes become mushy,Add chilli powder,turmeric powder and coriander powder.fry well for 1 min
Step 06Add thin coconut milk and kudam puli.cook for 5 min.
Step 07Add fish and salt.when curry became thick,add coconut milk(thick one) and turn off the flame.should not boil the curry after adding thick coconut milk.
Don’t forget to check out our other Kerala style Fish Recipes