How to make Sambar powder
Sambar Powder is a spice mix used in the South Indian home everyday as sambar. There are lot of varieties of sambar powder available in market.But if we are spending 15 minute,we can make tasty sambar powder in home.This sambar powder we can store up to 9-12 month.Making this sambar-powder in advance will help you in getting your sambar done fast.
- 3 tbsp of Coriander seeds/dhania
- 2 tbsp of Toor Dal/parippu
- 1 1/2 tbsp. of Mung dal/Uzhunnu
- 1 spn. of Pepper
- 1 spn. of Cumin seeds
- 1/2 spn. of Fenugreek seeds
- 3 nos of Turmeric
- 10 nos of Red chillies
- 1 spn. of Asafoetida
- 25 nos of Curry leaves
Dry roast all the items separately on low flame except asafoetida.
Cool it and grind together with asafoetida to a fine powder
Store in an airtight jar.
- You can use turmeric powder instead of dried turmeric.Likewise use chilli powder instead of redchilli.(Do not roast if you are using powders.Add at the time of grinding)
- If you want more thickness to sambar,add more mung dal.