Cabbage Paratha | how to make cabbage paratha2013-02-07
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 3
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 8m
- Ready In: 15m
A healthy breakfast idea
Cabbage Paratha is a healthy and tasty main course dish. Making parathas with vegetables makes the dish more healthy and nutritious. There is no need of any side dish for having stuffed parathas. Curd is the best combination for these kinds of parathas. I have already posted different varities of parathas and the links are given below.Cabbage is a highly nutritious vegetable and we can make salad, stri fry or even snacks with this vegetable. You can check my Cabbage pakkavada and Cabbage Rice recipes here. Compared to green cabbage purple cabbage is more nutritious which ocntains lots of antioxidents. Hope you like this cabbage paratha recipe.
Health Benefits of Cabbage
- Cabbge contains adequate amount of minerals like potassium, manganese, iron, and magnesium.
- Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
- Cabbage is a very good source of vitamin K and Vitamin C.
- Cabbage is rich is sulphur. So, it helps fight infections in wounds and ulcers.
- Cabbage helps in weightloss
250 g of Wheat flour
100 g of Cabbage,finely chopped
A handful of Mint leaves
2 no of Green chillies
1/2 spn. of Cumin seeds
1/4 spn. of Turmeric powder
1 spn. of Ghee
1 spn. hot vegetable oil (optional)
Water as requierd
Take wheat flour,cabbage,mint leaves,green chilli,turmeric powder,cumin seeds,salt and hot oil(optional) in a bowl and mix well with hands. Add water little by little and make a smooth non sticky dough.
Roll in to thin parathas with generous flour dusting.
Toast in tawa both sides until golden brown spots appear.Drizzle ghee on both the sides.
Serve hot with Riata,curry,or even tastes great with black tea.