Corn Spinach Omelette – Kids Special | Spicy Kitchen2013-05-29
- Cuisine: Indian
- Course: Appetiser
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 1
- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Ready In: 5m
Corn Spinach Omelette
A yummy and healthy combination of sweet corn,spinach and egg.
Corn spinach omlette is a kids friendly dish which I used to prepare for my kids. It is a delicious Omelette with the goodness of egg, corn, spinach and cheese in one dish. My kids were picky eaters and that time I prepare and give this dish as one time meal which has all the portien, minerals, calicum and fat needed for them for one day. Hope you all will like this delicious corn spinach omlette recipe. Please try it out and let me know how it turned out for you.
- Spinach is store house for many phyto-nutrients that have health promotional and disease prevention properties
- Very low in calories and fats (100 g of raw leaves provide just 23 calories).
- Spinach leaves are an excellent source of vitamin K.
- This green leafy vegetable also contains good amounts of many B-complex vitamins such as vitamin-B6 (pyridoxine), thiamin (vitamin B-1), riboflavin, folates and niacin.
- It is also rich source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- No cholesterol
- Very low in sodium
- High in dietary fiber
- High in iron
- Very high in vitamin B6
- High in vitamin C
2 TS of Corn kernels
2 TS of Chopped spinach
2 no of Egg
1 spn. of milk
1 pinch of besan(for fluffiness)
1 TS of Grated cheese
1/4 S of Crushed pepper
Salt as required
1 S of Butter
Whisk the egg, cooked corn kernels,1 spn. of milk,a pinch of besan flour and spinach together. Season with salt and cracked black pepper(optional).
Heat button in a pan.
Add egg mixture and swirl to coat the base of the pan.
Sprinkle grated cheese over the Omelette.
Cook until the underneath just begins to set.
A healthy breakfast or lunchbox idea for kids