Methi Matar Malai2013-03-25
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 6m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Ready In: 10m
Methi matar malai
I was bit afraid of trying this recipe because of the bitterness of methi leaves.Also my hubby don’t like methi(But he likes bittergourd so much :)).Any how I tried this recipe and it turned out very well.There was no bitterness in the curry.I think because of this cream.Also got approval from my hubby 😉
Rich and creamy panjabi dish.
The fresh leaves of the Methi plant have a slightly bitter under taste and can be cooked just like we cook spinach.
- It is a very good source of iron. That is why fenugreek, both its seeds and leaves are considered medicinal for curing anemia.
- Fenugreek has herb nutrition in it. If you crush the fresh leaves of Fenugreek or make a glass of juice out of them, it could be the perfect health drink to control the hormonal level of insulin in the blood.
- Fenugreek could give competition to Spinach as a rich source of vitamin K.
- Fenugreek is also a great source of protein and nicotinic acid. These nutrients lend benefits of fenugreek that are specific to hair. It foster hair growth and is good for the general health and shine of hair.
- This food is very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Protein.
- Green peas are one of the most nutritious leguminous vegetables, rich in health benefiting phyto-nutrients, minerals, vitamins and anti-oxidants.
- Fresh pea pods are excellent source of folic acid.
- Fresh green peas are very good in ascorbic acid (vitamin C),vitamin-A ,vitamin-K.
- 2 cup of Green peas
- 1 cup of Methi leaves
- 1 no of Onion
- 1/4 S of Ginger garlic paste
- 4 no of Green chilli
- 2 piece of Cinnammon
- 2 no of Colves
- 3 no of Cardamom
- 1/2 S of Garam masala
- 3 pinch of Turmeric powder
- 1/2 s Cumin seeds
- 4 T Sof Fresh cream
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- Salt as required
Clean and chop methi leaves.
Cook peas with required salt.(till 1-2 whistle in pressure cooker).Keep aside.
Heat butter in a pan.Add onion,ginger garlic paste,green chillies,cinnamon,cloves and cardamom.Fry till onion become golden brown.
Allow to cool and grind to a fine thick paste.
Again heat butter in a pan.
Add cumin seeds.
Add ground paste and fry for 2-3 minute till the raw smell goes off.
Add turmeric powder and garam masala.Saute for 1 minute.
Add chopped methi leaves and mix well.
Add cooked peas.Mix well.Add milk and mix well.Cover the lid and allow to cook for 3-4 min in low flame.
Finally Add fresh cream and mix well.Switch off flame after 2 min.
Serve hot with chappathi or paratha etc.