Pakkavada Recipe |Onion pakkavada with step by step pictures2012-02-07
- Yield: 1
- Servings: 3
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Ready In: 10m
Pakkavada Recipe| Crispy Pakkavada with step by step pictures
Crispy and spicy pakkavada recipe
Pakkavada is a traditional snack item of South India. We get pakkavada almost all street shops and bakeries. Pakkavada is made with besan and onion. In kerala it is also known as ullivada. This is one of the common item made in my home during ramzan fasting time. I would like to have pakkavada with tharikanji (sweet porridge made with semolina and semiya). Pakkavada with black tea also is a wonderful combination. It is a very easy to prepare snack. Instead of having bakery items I think pakkavada is the best option we can go for. We can make pakkavada more healthy by adding vegetables or anything you want. But it will not be a crispy one like this onion pakkavada. You can also try my another pakkavada recipes like Crispy Chicken pakkavada,Vegetabke Pakkavada,Egg Pakkavada. You can also find other snacks recipes here .Mulaku Bajji, Gobi 65,Mintvada
- 1 large Onion
- 2-3 Green chillies
- A bunch of curry leaves
- 1/2 spn. of Chicken Masala Powder(Optional)
- 1/4 spn. of Chilli Powder
- 1/6 spn. of Turmeric Powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp. of Gram flour
- 1 spn. of Sooji/Rava/Semolina, for crispiness
- Salt for taste
- Oil for deep frying
Step 01Add chopped onion,green chillies,curry leaves and salt in to gram flour.
Step 02Add rava,chicken masala and salt.
Step 03Add little water in to the mix and make a thick paste(Do not add too much of water)
Step 04Heat oil in a pan.
Step 05Take a handful of paste in hand and just sprinkle in to the oil.
Step 06Fry well till golden brown color.Serve hot with black tea.
step by step pakkavada recipe :
1. Take finely sliced onion in a bowl.
2.Gently mix onions with hands.
3.Add sliced green chillies and curry leaves.
4.Add 1 1/2 tbsp. of besan flour.
5.Add 1 spn. of semolina(rava).
6.Add 1/4 chilli powder,1/6 of turmeric powder,1/4 spn. of chicken masala and salt.
7.Add 1 1/2 tbsp. of water little by little and mix well with hands. Do not add too much of water.
8.Heat oil in a pan and add one piece onion to check the heat.
9.Take a handful of pakkavada paste in hand and just sprinkle in to the oil.
10. Fry pakkavada both sides till golden brown color. Flame should be medium.
11. Cripsy pakkavada is now ready .Serve this crispy pakkavada with black tea.
1. I took half a cup of oil for frying the pakkavada. You can see in the picture. I did this to save oil. Because oil once used cannot use again. So if you have patience and time, reduce wastage of oil.
2. You can also make this pakkavada without using rava. Rava we adding for getting more crispiness to the recipe.