Papaya pickle recipe | Raw papaya pickle2021-12-16
Crunchy and super tasty papaya pickle recipe
Papaya pickle is a very tasty and easy-to-make pickle that goes well with rice, roti etc.. It is a common fruit in tropical regions which be eaten both raw and ripe. Papaya has lots of health benefits and it is always good to include raw papaya in our diet in the form of curry, poriyal, etc. It is also good for preventing Worm infection – natural home remedies. I have already posted some tasty dishes with papaya like Papaya Ice Cream, Papaya Honey Delight , and Papaya poriyal. In Kerala Papaya curry with dal and ground coconut is a common dish. Pickle with papaya is also famous in Kerala and it is very easy to make this pickle. Please check out the raw papaya pickle recipe, try it at home, and let me know how it went out for you.
Health Benefits of Papaya
- Papaya contains very low Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium.
- It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Potassium, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Folate and also contains antioxidants.
- Papaya reduces the chances of diabetic heart diseases.
- It also helps in lowering high cholesterol levels
- 2 cup of sliced raw papaya
- 4 tbsp. of vinegar
- 5 tbsp of boiled water
- 2 spn of chilli powder
- 1/2 spn of turmeric powder
- 1/6 spn of fenugreek powder (dry roast fenugreek and powder)
- 1/4 spn of asafoetida
- Salt as required
- 2 tbsp of gingelly oil
- 1 spn of mustard seeds
- 1 medium sized ginger, 15 garlic, 6 green chillies (Crush using a mortar)
- 2 springs of curry leaves
- 1/2 spn of sugar
Take chopped papaya in a bowl. Add vinegar, 1 spn salt, and 1/2 cup of boiled and cooled water. Keep aside overnight.
Heat oil in a Kadai. Splutter mustard seeds. Add crushed ginger, garlic, and green chilies.
Saute for one minute in medium flame till the raw smell goes off. Add curry leaves and red chilies. Fry for one minute.
Reduce or switch off the flame. Add chili powder, turmeric powder, fenugreek powder, and asafoetida. Fry well for one minute.
Switch on the flame and add soaked papaya along with the vinegar-water mix. Add 1/2 spn of sugar and mix well. Check salt and add if needed.
Boil the mix for 2-3 minutes in medium flame. Switch off the flame and cover the lid. Once cooled, store in glass bottles.