Soya Manchurian recipe | Meal Maker Manchurian recipe2013-04-04
- Yield: 1
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Ready In: 10m
Soya Manchurian | Meal Maker Manchurian
Chinese style meal maker manchurian recipe
Soya Manchurian / Meal Maker Manchurian is a highly nutritious and protein rich side dish which can be served with roti, fried rice, pulao etc… Soya is a good source of protein. I have already tried some delicious soya recipes like soya keema,soya aloo tikki,soya chunks biriyani,soya keema paratha,soya burger,soya chunks fried rice,soya paneer rolls,soya chunks masala,soya manchurian dry with aloo and soya vermicelli pulao. All these are very healthy and protein rich dishes. Hope you all like this sweet and sour soya manchurian recipe.
Soya chunks are quick and easy to cook. Amazingly soya chunks have protein content equal to that of the meat and contain no fat. They are nutritious meat extender made from defatted soy flour, a by-product of extracting soybean oil. The protein or any other nutrient in granules and chunks is not lost on washing them or by throwing away the water in which they are soaked.
Health benefits of Soya chunks|meal maker
- Soya beans are excellent source of high protein and fibre. After the extraction of soya milk, the soya chunks act as soya meal maker.
- 50% of the vegetable protein from the soya bean is a good fiber food enabling easy digestion and bowl movement.
- Soya Chunks contain 54.2 grams of protein, which exceeds the amount of protein found in meats, eggs, milk and wheat.
- Soy protein contains all the amino acids needed by the body, and is an excellent replacement for meat-based proteins.
- Soy is high in fiber, which is known to benefit cholesterol levels, and can indirectly lower cholesterol by replacing fatty animal proteins in the diet.
- Soy protein in general is rich in B vitamins and Omega-3 fatty acids, which are thought to benefit many aspects of health.
- Soya Chunks contain 533 milligrams of calcium and 21.2 grams of iron. Whole soy foods also are a good source of fiber, B vitamins, calcium, and omega-3 fatty acids.
1/2 kg of soya granules
2 no of onion
2 no of capsicum
1 tbsp. of ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp. of cornflour(for marination)
1/2 spn. of chilli powder
1/4 spn. of turmeric powder
1 tbsp. of finely chopped garlic
1/2 tbsp. of finely chopped ginger
1/2 spn. of sugar(optional)
1/2 spn. of vinegar
1 tbsp. of soya sauce
2 tbsp. of tomato sauce
1 tbsp. of cornflour(for making sauce)
Oil as required
salt as required
Clean and cut onion and capsicum in cube shape.Keep aside.
Boil water in a vessel. When it starts to boil,add chunks.Switch off the flame.Keep aside for 1-2 min.Drain the water and squeeze all the water from the soya. Or you can check this link (How to cook Soya Chunks | How to Prepare Meal Maker for Recipes)
Marinate chunks with ginger garlic paste,cornflour,chillipowder,turmeric powder and salt.Keep in refrigerator for 10 min.
Deep fry the chunks and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan.
Add finely chopped garlic.Fry till golden color.
Add onion and capsicum.Saute well for 1-2 min.
Add pepper powder and mix well
Add fried soya chunks.Mix well
Add sugar(optional),vinegar,soya sauce,tomato sauce and salt(be careful while adding salt,because soya sauce already contains salt.Also we added salt to chunks.So add if needed.)
Dilute cornflour in 4 TS of water.
Add remaining cornflour batter and cook till the mixture thickens slightly.
Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot with fried rice,noodles,chappathi or naan.