Health Benefits of Dates
Health Benefits of Dates
Health benefits of dates are tremendous. Dates are rich in many vital nutrients and therefore offer many health benefits like relief from constipation, intestinal disorders, heart problems, anemia, sexual dysfunction, diarrhea, abdominal cancer, and many other conditions. Dates also contains essential minerals like calcium, sulfur, iron, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, copper and magnesium.This delicious fruit is also good for gaining weight.
There are different varieties of dates available, you can get it raw, dried or you even get dates syrup in market, but whether dry or fresh the health benefits of dates are plentiful. Muslims break their fast during Ramadhan with dates and water. Breaking fast using dates helps to avoid overeating once the fast is over since the body begins to absorb the nutrition’s from dates and the feelings of hunger gets pacified.
Dates are packed with iron, vitamins, fiber and minerals.Consuming dates on a regular basis lowers the risk of cholesterol and other health problems.They are one of the high calorie density fruit.Dates are the most healthiest fruit in the world which contains carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins needed for the functioning of our body
. Apart from lowering cholesterol and easing stomach problems, dates are filled with number of other health benefits.
Nutritional value of Dates
- Dates are low in fat and protein but rich in sugars like fructose and glucose. It is also a great energy source a 100 g of dates can provide an average of 314 kcal.
- The major minerals in dates include selenium, copper, potassium and magnesium, having 100 g of dates can provide over 15% of the recommended daily allowance of these minerals.
- Vitamin B-Complex and Vitamin C are the major vitamins in dates.
- Dates are high in dietary fiber, insoluble dietary fiber being the major fraction.
- Dates are a good source of antioxidants.
- Rich source of Iron, Potassium and Sodium.
- Boost up energy in the body.
- Dates are rich in various form of vitamins.
- Cures abdominal cancers.
- Dates improves skin elasticity.
- Fruit that contains essential nutrients of a human body
Our daily requirements for essential nutrients are Carbohydrates, Protein, Vitamins(A,B,C,D,E,K), Fats and Minerals(Calcium, Sodium, Potassium, Selenium, Iron, Zinc etc…).Dates are the only one food in the world which includes all these nutrients.
Nutritional value of Dates (100g) :
Total Carbohydrates : 75g
Protien : 2g
Total fat: 0.39mg
Dietery fiber : 8g
Sugar : 63g
Health Benefits of Dates
1. Best remedy for constipation
Dates contains generous amount of dietary fibers, which is the reason it is often categorized as a laxative food and frequently eaten by people suffering from constipation. In order to achieve the desired laxative effects, soak the dates in water overnight and in the morning eat the soaked dates as syrup. The high levels of fibers in dates contribute to healthy bowel movements and the comfortable passage of food through the intestinal tract, which can relieve symptoms of constipation.
2. Dates reduce the risk of heart problems
Dates are quite helpful in keeping your heart healthy. The dietary fiber present in dates helps prevent the absorption of harmful LDL cholesterol in the gut, hence reducing the risk of stroke. Consume dates twice in a week to improve your heart health.
3. Improves Bone Health and Strength
The mineral content of dates helps to strengthen your bones. Consuming dates regularly for women will improve their bone health. Minerals like Copper, Magnesium, Selenium are needed for bones health which is found plenty in dates.
4. Treats intestinal disorders
Nicotin content present in dates cures intestinal disorders by facilitating the growth of intestinal friendly bacteria
5. Fights against anemia
Anemia is a condition in which deficiency of red cells or of hemoglobin in the blood. Anemia is a common health issue found in women. Dates are the perfect dietary supplement for people suffering from anemia. Dates helps to increase the strength and energy levels.
6. Natural energy booster
When you are feeling tired at the end of the day and want to pep up your self,have dates as you mid day snack you can feel the difference. Dates contains natural sugars like sucrose,glucose and fructose. Diabetic patients restrict the use of dates because of the sugar content in dates.
7. Boost up your Nervous system
Dates contains many nutrients and vitamins which keeps your nervous system healthy. Potassium present in dates keeps you brain alert and reduces the risk of strokes.
8. Dates helps to gain weight
Research reveals that one kilogram of dates contains 3000 calories and that are sufficient to meet the daily requirement of human body.If you are trying to build your muscles or gain weight,start eating dates. You can also prepare dates jam or syrup for your kids who are underweight or having any malnutrition issues.
Always try to include this wonderful fruit in you daily diet.
You can also check for the below posts related to :
- Health benefits of sweet potatoes
- Health benefits of roasted gram/pottukadalai
- Health benefits of grains
- Health benefits of ajwain
- Health benefits of barley
- Health benefits of flax seeds
- Health benefits of dates
- Health benefits of kudampuli/gambooge
- Health benefits of turmeric
- Health benefits of seafood
- Top 10 cholesterol lowering foods
- 5 must eat nutrients for kids